For my first blog I will be talking about my thoughts on biases.
I personally try to live without being biased. Which, yes it is a hard thing and to say that I am not biased in some ways would be a lie, but I do my best to not let these effect my life and I live to learn things everyday and to reduce my number of biases I have.
Personally, I think there are a lot of people who do not work to limit their biases, because it takes time to learn and that in some cases to learn would mean feeling different on issues then your parents, or someone important in your lives. To this I would have to say, if this person still does not accept you for who you are then they are crazy. I think every person, the poor, the rich, the religious, the non-religious, the heterosexual, and the homosexual, the black, the tan, the white, the blind, the deaf, the mute, and every difference that exists all have something great to give this planet. And, to do this we just need to look past these differences and change the way we live.
Anyone who reads this I offer you to do one change in your life, to go out of your way in the next day or so and do something that will help someone around you. Something kind, but something you do not normally do. There are so many people out there living hard lives that we can each look around and do something small for someone else. And, I am not just saying do this around this time of year, but do it every so often, set yourself an interval that you will follow and stick to it.
I myself, am not perfect and neither are you, but we can all work to be a little bit closer to perfect. There are times when I have judged people when I didn't know enough. Always after this occurred I would take some time out of my day and look back at what had happened, and would try to see it from another angle. For all of you looking to decrease your biases, do just that, try to see it from another angle. No one is perfect, and everyone has a glass house, so don't throw those stones at your feet.
No comments:
Post a Comment