Saturday, March 23, 2013

random thoughs on Gender Neutral



While assisting a friend with an assignment on gender neutrality I started to rant on it. When I was young my mother made sure my sister and I had similar toys and tried to make sure we were treated the same by our extended family in the hope that we would see each other as equals and not just us, but our whole gender as equals.
6. What toys do you consider “gender neutral” and why?

I think every toy is gender neutral. I think it is society that is not gender neutral. I can not think of a toy that is labelled for Girls only no Boys and none that said Boys only no Girls. I think everything should be gender neutral, and I think the thought that this is part of what is wrong with society. In other cultures they realize there are more than two genders, in our western culture we do not recognize it as readily.

I don't see any reason why society feels we must raise our kids to play with different toys especially in the world of today, aren't we all equal?

To me it doesn't matter what gender you are, what your skin may look like or by how you choose to dress. What matters to me is the kind of person you choose to be.

It should never matte what your child chooses to play with or what they like, you should love them no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment