Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guys, listen up.

Yesterday I had a professor mention how she rides the bus to and from work and how she sees college kids often who won't get up for pregnant woman, or elderly and a lot of my fellow students were in agreement in seeing this. In addition I have gotten some odd looks holding the door opened for people, granted this could partially due to the fact I am using the windows to tell if someone is following me and then I hold the the door open. But, the looks and the reactions I get pretty much sound like these young woman have never had a guy hold a door open for them...


So where did the values I was raised with disappear to? Men, why are you not getting up for the pregnant or the elderly or the small children for that matter? Men, why are you not showing some respect and holding the door open for woman, or your fellow man? I decided to sleep on this last night as well as a few other thoughts lingering around my brain. And, an answer I still do not have. But, that does not matter. Its time guys to "man up" if your on the bus and you see someone less fortunate than you offer a hand. If your going into a building and your not in any hurry hold that door open for those behind you. If you are giving a woman a ride somewhere, hold your car door open for her.

When I was a kid I was raised to help those less off than myself, and I am not saying I had an awesome childhood, but it does not matter your past in this instance, help out. Maybe it is a different in how I was raised, as a child, when my mother was off from work and sat at the dinner table with us, we almost always would go around the table saying something we learned and someway we helped someone out, yeah, its kinda of corny, but it doesn't need to be. And, there should need to be no reward to helping out or just being a kind hearted person.

Just stand up a bit, and hold a door open and brighten up someone else's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment