Monday, February 25, 2013

Purpose of life: to be a good friend...maybe a little more

For centuries people have chatted about the purpose of life...well I am not going to do that. I wanted to talk about how I deemed the purpose of my life, and a little into why. I once had a teacher back in high school, and he had this thing that you acted like a duck or an eagle An eagle was a person that in the briefest of terms did not complain, and was not lazy, and a duck was essentially the opposite. Well I don't always believe this, I feel everyone has things in life that make them worry, and make life hard enough that getting something off your chest can be helpful.

Personally, from the bad elements that I have experienced I have decided a lot of aspects in my life. Enough that I decide who to invite to functions based on who will be there. If person X does not like person Z, then comes the hard time picking who to invite. I also will work to be there for all my friends, we each go through some hardships and we all seek comfort in one form or another, or seek someone we trust to be there for us, to keep our secrets and over a comforting hug when one is in hard times.

I also feel distance and time cannot destroy a friendship, just give you more to talk about every time both members have the time to get together. And time they say, can heal all wounds...which is usually true, but what they do not say is a good friend is like a the cogs in the clock, and when you have a great friend giving their time to be there for you, the clog spins faster.

I also have been that friend, no matter what you need (if I got it) and no matter what time, drop a line and I am there. I know what it is like to go through some rough spells, and a good friend is like sandpaper making those rough spells a lot smoother. Whether with a hug, a soothing voice, a shoulder to cry on, or bearing comfort in any other form, a good friend can bring joy to any life, and help make anyone's day a lot better of a day.

This is what I want to be to all my friends out there, a good reliable friend that can be there in the worst of it, or the best of it. I have to say, I am hoping I may have found that special someone who I might be able to be more than friends with(don't be dirty, I like this young woman a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment