Sometimes of late when I drink, my brain turns to the thoughts of my friends that have passed away. Deaths I thought I had dealt with on some level...apparently I have not dealt with it enough (typically I cry for a while). All of them were great people, some had their flaws, but we all do. Some of my friends would say I lack confidence, but I think it goes a bit deeper. I was thinking today, in the past 3 years: I had one friend commit suicide, 1 murdered, one of natural causes, and a dog that passed away, and one friend's dad.
One of these great people was an alcoholic, a functioning alcoholic. I never knew this about him till it was too late...I wish I would have chatted with him more. All these deaths in the last 3 years show me one thing in life, do not let good choices pass you by. Take your life by your hands, and stir those horses in the direction you want to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment