But, a day ago I wrote this and saved it...why don't I share it.
A day or so ago, I saw a post by a cousin of mine, one of my cousins that it took us awhile to even realize we were related, I still remember that conversation and look back upon it with a smile. However, this post I am referring to in question leaves tears lingering in my eyes. Yup, I am talking about myself on the verge of tears over something I read about a wonderful, intelligent young woman who I share some family ties with. I won't say too much on this, for fear of upsetting anyone. But, in my opinion, love means a lot of things, but one of those things is never feeling hurt. In a relationship there should be support and caring. One should never be put down and mistreated. Whether you know me or not, this principle is key to me, from my past and I offer a helping hand to any who seek it, even here I will over words of support.
I have known too many friends who have dealt with hard times for long days before seeking help (sadly I am not just typing friends for myself).
I have known too many awesome woman and men :
- that have been in abusive relationships,
- too many that have gone through pregnancy scares
- too many that have been hurt by
- parents
- their partners
- their friends
- and random people
- too many that see themselves as worthless
- too many that started hurting themselves because they started to believe in it.
I love all my friends, and will do what I can for them day or night. This is why my phone never is off. I have had too many friends that I found out where hurting themselves because they started to believe what some of the negative people in their life did to them. You are all worth it, I wouldn't respond to your odd hour messages, I wouldn't send you messages out of the blue saying your awesome or see how your doing every now and then.
Granted, I haven't hurt myself, but on some level I have began to believe what I have been told. Which is why when people tell me I am a great guy or a nice guy, I give them odd looks or decline. It has taken me a long time, but sometimes I don't decline it. Though, I am only as good of a guy to the people around me, as they will let me be. I have spent a night sleeping on one friend's floor because she was sick. I have spent one night holding back a friends hair as she was sick, and then sleeping on the floor near the bed near her because she was afraid to be alone. I have spent sleepless nights comforting friends. Days worrying about some awesome girls from my childhood, worrying if I would see them the next day, happily they are alive today and doing great.
So to finish this off, life can suck, life can be hard. Sadly, there are things that make life hard for a lot of people. And, having a good network of people that care is always a good thing. I offer an ear for support, and an E-hug for anyone in hard times. No one should go through them alone, and there is nothing worse then when your going through hard times, but to feel your alone and going through them. You can make it through these hard times, I swear it you can. I know you can, because you have made it this far, even if each day is a struggle some day you will be in power of your own life, and with that power you will see what you have survived and see how great of a person you are, because not everyone survives it.
Everyone is beautiful, everyone is wonderful, everyone deserves to be in love and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment